Regular Town Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
April 20, 2010
Present: Dave Johnson, Supervisor (Arrived at 7:13) -- Greg Scherzer, Supervisor -- Ardell Johnson, Supervisor, -- Dick Toomey, Treasurer -- Marv Mortenson, Clerk
1. Meeting was called to order by Supervisor Greg Scherzer at 7:00 PM.
2. Additions to the agenda were called for:
Add to new Business: Federal Funding for Signs - Resolution
Motion to approve the agenda made by A. Johnson, second by Scherzer – passed 2 -0
3. Reading of the Minutes
Motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes and to approve the minutes of the last regular meeting as written. Motion by A. Johnson, second by Scherzer – passed 2-0
4. Treasurer report:
-- Cash Balance of $12,061.43
-- Invested Balance of $43,947.30
-- Total Balance of $56,008.73
Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by A. Johnson, second by Scherzer – passed 2-0
5. Claims for payment:
-- $ 150.00 Clearwater County Highway Dept.
-- $2,040.50 Elbow Lake Fire Dept.
-- $ 435.00 Lasting Landscape
Motion to approve payment of claims by A. Johnson, second by D. Johnson – passed 2-0
(G. Scherzer abstained from voting on this motion)
6. Old Business:`
A. Road Inspection Tour Results – A. Johnson & D. Johnson inspected the roads on April 19th. The results are listed.
1. 1. Remove large rocks in the road bed.
2. 2. In the area where McKenzie RD and Chimney road meet; place large rocks on the edge of the road right-of-way to keep vehicles from damaging the ditch and road surface.
3. 3. Spot graveling on Seaberg LN.
4. 4. Removal of debris from all road right-of-ways. Mainly consists of down trees and large rocks.
5. 5. Gravel recovery of road edges.
6. 6. Create ditches in key areas where the road bed washes.
B. Summer Road Projects:
After much discussion projects 1, 2, 4, and 6, are approved for completion. Seaberg Ln is due for a complete re-graveling next summer. It is feared that a gravel recovery at this time would be more costly than the benefits would warrant.
A motion to meet with Mitch Shegrud, explaining and outlining the projects, to hire him to do these projects was made by A. Johnson, second by D. Johnson and passed 3-0
C. Sanding of Ice on Big Hill
The supervisors will approach Mitch Shegrud to see if he would be interested in acquiring the necessary equipment to sand Big Hill. If he is interested, the town board will need a quote as to the costs per sanding to compare to what the county charges. The county puts down salt with the sand and this is not good on a gravel road.
7. New Business:
A. Review of Annual Meeting.
After reviewing the annual meeting , it was determined that there was no citizen request that needed any further board action.
B. Federal Sign Funding Resolution
The county association of townships sent out the resolution for the consideration of the town board. After discussion and review, the board decided to take it under advisement but to take no action at this time.
8. NEXT BOARD MEETING: June 8th, Agenda Items:
A. Review progress of road projects
B. Review election procedures
9. Motion to adjourn by A. Johnson, second by Scherzer, passed 3-0 Adjourned at 8:20 PM
_____________________________ Marv Mortenson, Clerk