Regular Town Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
September 16th, 2008
Present: Dave Johnson, Supervisor -- Greg Scherzer, Supervisor, Ardell Johnson, Supervisor -- Dick Toomey, Treasurer – Marv Mortenson, Clerk
1. Meeting was called to order by Supervisor Dave Johnson at 7:00 PM.
2. Additions to the agenda were called for:
New Business: North Country Trail
Motion to approve the agenda made by D. Johnson, second G. Scherzer – passed 3-0.
3. Dispense with the reading of the minutes; approved the minutes of the last regular meeting as
written. Motion by G. Scherzer, second by D. Johnson passed 3 -0.
4. Treasurer report:
-- Cash Balance of $25,054.53
-- Invested Balance of $48,060.24
-- Total Balance of $73,114.77
Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by A. Johnson, second by D. Johnson– passed 3-0.
5. Claims for payment:
$1,793.75 Clearwater Co. Hwy. Dept. Blading & Supervision
$20.00 Farmers Independent Filing Notice
Motion to approve payment of bills by Greg Scherzer, second by A. Johnson – passed 3-0.
6. Old Business:
A. Long Range Road Plan: Dave Johnson presented a format for planning ahead on road issues. The supervisors agreed that this would be extremely helpful and made a few suggestions on the format. D. Johnson will make the changes and have it completed for the October meeting.
The supervisors completed their discussion and action on the nine (9) road concerns presented at the August meeting.
1 & 5. Washing of roads and loss of gravel.
G. Scherzer will instruct the County Hwy Dept. to do a “gravel recovery / primary ditch” maintaince on the town roads next spring. This process will help control water run off, wash outs and loss of gravel. G. Scherzer will request a verbal estimate for this project.
2. Water standing on McKenzie Rd. by Rambos. The board will reevaluate this issue next summer after monitoring results of gravel recovery.
3. Clay hill tops on McKenzie Rd., north of Rambos drive way. Extra gravel was put on this area when all town roads where graveled. Project completed.
4. Dangerous curve north of D. Johnson’s mail box on McKenzie Rd. G. Scherzer will request the County Hwy Dept. to install metal post with reflectors to show the road edge along the curve. Motion to approve this project and not to exceed a $1,000.00 by G. Scherzer, second by A. Johnson --- passed 3-0.
6. Seaberg Rd where the lake is up to the road. The board will reevaluate this issue next summer after monitoring results of gravel recovery.
7. Washing of gravel by the “new” culvert across for Ardell’s driveway. Ardell said he would haul in more rock to stabilize the washing in the ditch.
8. Low area on Seaberg Rd. near where the power line crosses the road. This is of lower priority and will reevaluate the need for work on this area.
9. Clay hill tops north of area described in 8. Extra gravel was put on this area when all town roads where graveled. Project completed.
B. Up Date on Road Spraying. A. Johnson did not have updated information and the spraying has not been completed. According to previous information given to the board by A. Johnson the spraying should have been completed by this time. The board chair, D. Johnson, instructed A. Johnson to contact the spray company and have the roads sprayed this week.
7. New Business:
A. North Country Trail. A representative called D. Johnson seeking permission to put trail markers where the North Country Trail crosses McKenzie Rd. The markers would indicate the location of the trail and show that the trail is closed to motorized travel. Permission was granted.
Motion to adjourn was made my A. Johnson, second by G. Scherzer, passed 3-0; time 7:55 p.m.
_____________________________ Marv Mortenson, Clerk