Regular Town Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
November 14, 2006
Dave Johnson – Supervisor, Greg Scherzer – Supervisor, Dick Toomey – Treasurer, Marv Mortenson - Clerk
Jon Jennings -- Supervisor
1. Meeting was called to order by Supervisor Johnson at 7:00 pm.
2. Motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes; approve the minutes of the last meeting as written. Motion by Dave Johnson, second by Greg Scherzer – passed 2-0
3. Treasurer report:
-- Cash Balance of $21,094.60
-- Invested Balance of $25,086.01
-- Total Balance of $47,180.61
Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by Greg Scherzer, second by Dave Johnson. – passed 2-0
4. Claims for payment:
$ 357.00 to Clearwater County for road blading
$ 63.80 to Farmers Independent for township ads
$1399.50 to Shegrud Backhoe
$ 54.00 to Nancy Johnson- Election Judge
$ 174.00 to “Babe” Mortenson – Election Judge
$ 174.00 to Becky Bergerson – Election Judge
$ 174.00 to Ruth Johnson – Election Judge
$6,300.00 to Ingalls Brushing
Motion to authorize the treasurer to pay these bills by Johnson, second by Scherzer, passed 2-0
(Note: LaPraire Township will reimburse LLL Township $1,435.00 of the brushing cost paid to Ingalls Brushing.)
5. Old Business
- Speed limit sign information to be discussed at December meeting
- Official posting site is ready for use thanks to Supervisors Johnson and Scherzer.
- Road Repair Report to be discussed at December meeting
- Rocks on the side of the road will be removed and used at the Chimney site
- Recording Roads. The township will explore hiring these documents prepared by an outside source.
6. New Business
- Cost and Payment Schedule from the county engineer, showing the rate increases, was received and discussed. The increase is approximately a 10% increase.
- The following items were discussed for placement on the Annual Meeting agenda.
-Road Certification and reporting
-Future road right-of-way care. Spraying and/or Brushing
-Road Repair Report
-Contracting blading and snow removable on township roads. County or Private?
-The Annual Meeting will be held at the Mortensons residence on March 13th , 2007 at 7:00 in the evening.
- The next County Township Meeting will be Jan. 23rd
7. Adjournment at 8:35 pm. Motion by Dave Johnson, second by Greg Scherzer – passed 2-0
_____________________________ Marv Mortenson, Clerk