LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
March 14, 2006
Citizens present: Ruth Johnson, Ardell Johnson, Roger Houglum, Donna Houglum, Nora Jennings, Jon Jennings, Nancy Johnson, David Johnson, Becky Bergerson, Loren Bergerson, "Babe" Mortenson, Marv Mortenson, Dick Toomey, Greg Scherzer.
1. Meeting called to order by M. Mortenson, clerk (8:00 PM)
2. Donna Houglum selected as Moderator
3. Treasures report. Motion to accept synopsis report of township finances made by B. Bergerson, seconded by B. Mortenson – Passed. Synopsis report given by M. Mortenson, Clerk
4. Road Report by J. Jennings. The citizens questioned the cost of graveling the township roads. We paid $6.30 per yard. J. Jennings had checked with a private contractor and they would have charged at least $10.00 a yard.
Work with LaPrairie Township over maintenance of shared township roads is ongoing.
5. Weed control report. G. Scherzer showed the citizens what weeds to be aware of and to contact him if they saw a problem.
6. The official newspaper is the Farmers Independent of Bagley. A place of posting will be on the Seaburg road. A bulletin board will constructed and installed this summer.
7. D. Toomey reviewed the budget for 2006 & 2007. The citizens questioned the need for animal control in the budget. The explanation was for beaver and beaver damns flooding roads.
8. D. Toomey explained the rational behind the proposed township levy. After some discussion, A. Johnson made a motion to approve the levy as is, second by N. Johnson, the motion passed.
9. Unofficial election results are as follows:
Move the election to November passed.
J. Jennings, Supervisor
D. Johnson, Supervisor
G. Scherzer, Supervisor
D. Toomey, Supervisor
B. Bergerson, Clerk, won as a write in candidate. She refused to serve. M. Mortenson had the second most votes agreed to serve if B. Bergerson would be a deputy clerk.
10. Next years Annual Meeting was set for 7:00 PM on March 13th, 2007. It will be hosted by Marv and Babe Mortenson.
11. Other: A short discussion was held about Fire Protection, proposed ATV trails and problems with snowmobile traffic on township roads.
12. Motion to adjourn by D. Houglum, second by D. Toomey - Passed