Regular Town Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
December 14th, 2010
Present: Dave Johnson, Supervisor -- Ardell Johnson, Supervisor -- Marv Mortenson, Clerk – Dick Toomey, Treasurer --Greg Scherzer, Supervisor
1. Meeting was called to order by Supervisor David Johnson at 7:00 PM.
2. Additions to the agenda were called for: No additions, agenda approved. Motion by D. Johnson, Second Scherzer – passed 3-0
3. Reading of the Minutes
Motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes and to approve the minutes of the last regular meeting as written. Motion by D. Johnson, second by Scherzer – passed 3-0
4. Treasurer report:
-- Cash Balance of $ 8,373.80
-- Invested Balance of $44,309.15
-- Total Balance $52,682.95
Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by A. Johnson, second by Scherzer – passed 3-0
5. Claims for payment:
-- $114.00 Marv Mortenson -- $575.00 Clearwater Highway Dept.
-- $ 27.00 Marv Mortenson -- $ 76.20 Richard Toomey
-- $153.00 Nancy Johnson -- $ 21.60 Farmers Publishing Co.
-- $230.00 Ruth Johnson
-- $328.00 Becky Bergerson
-- $ 16.00 Becky Bergerson
Motion to approve payment made by Scherzer, second by A. Johnson – passed 3-0
6. Old Business:
A. Resolution 2010-001 pertaining to the Adoption of the Minnesota Townships General Records Retention Schedule was discussed and passed. Motion by Scherzer, second by A. Johnson – passed 3-0
The clerk will complete the information form and forward to the state.
B. Review of meetings:
- County Township Meeting, attended by D. Johnson, Dick Toomey and Scherzer. D. Johnson reviewed the information for the rest of the board.
- State Forest Road meeting, attended by Scherzer and Dick Toomey. Scherzer reviewed the information from this meeting
- Meeting with White Earth Grant writing committee. Mortenson reviewed the details of this meeting.
C. Shegrud Backhoe has not replied to our request for more details on the time and amount charged to the road work on the Portion of McKenzie RD and Big Hill RD that is in LaPrairie Township. A. Johnson will contact Shegrud Backhoe and again request this information.
7. New Business:
A. The meeting calendar for 2011 was presented by the clerk. Motion to approve by Scherzer, second by A. Johnson – passed 3-0
B. The clerk presented a summary of the cost of the primary and general election. See attachment for details.
D. Johnson will meet with the county auditor to discuss possible solutions to lower the township costs. At present the township costs are approximately $34.00 per voter.
C. A preliminary reading of the 2012 budget was made by the Treasurer. Some suggestions were made. The budget will be presented for approval at the January meeting.
8. NEXT BOARD MEETING: January 11th, Agenda Items:
A. Reorganize the Board
B. 2012 Budget Approval
C. Complete graveling of all township roads
D. Shegrud Backhoe and billing
9. Motion to adjourn by Scherzer, second by A. Johnson, passed 3-0 Adjourned at 9:03 PM
_____________________________ Marv Mortenson, Clerk