Regular Town Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
April 14th, 2009
Present: Dave Johnson, Supervisor -- Ardell Johnson, Supervisor, -- Greg Scherzer, Supervisor –Nancy Johnson, Deputy Treasurer -- Marv Mortenson, Clerk
Absent: Dick Toomey, Treasurer
1. Meeting was called to order by Supervisor Dave Johnson at 7:00 PM.
2. Additions to the agenda were called for:
Motion to approve the agenda made by A. Johnson, second Scherzer – passed 3-0
3. Reading of the Minutes
Motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes and to approve the minutes of the last regular meeting as written. Motion by D. Johnson, second by Scherzer – passed 3 -0
4. Treasurer report:
-- Cash Balance of $17,594.75
-- Invested Balance of $43,188.85
-- Total Balance of $60,785.60
Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by, Scherzer second by D. Johnson– passed 3-0
5. Claims for payment:
$150.00 Clearwater County Highway Dept.
Motion to approve payment by Scherzer, second by D. Johnson—passed 3-0
Note: New Business was move ahead of old business in the agenda to accommodate a guest.
7. New Business:
A. Mr. Hetland of Clearbrook Ag Service (Triangle Chemical Co.) explained brush and weed control methods. Clearbrook Ag Service has the bid to spray road ditches for the county. The county will be doing the southern third of the county this summer. This includes Long Lost Lake Township.
The cost will be based on labor cost per road mile, plus chemical used. The LLL Township roads will be spot sprayed, spraying only those areas that show a need.
Motion to approve contracting Clearbrook Ag Service for spot spraying by D. Johnson, second by Scherzer--- passed 3-0
B. Review of Annual Meeting. It was clearly stated by the citizens that they did not want to give monies to any agency or individual requesting donations. (See Annual Meeting minutes for 3/17/2009, item 11.)
D. Johnson suggested that we establish a board policy that reflects the citizen’s request.
The clerk is instructed to do a first draft of such a policy for the June board meeting.
- Emmons & Olivier Land Surveyors letter was reviewed. They will be invited to the June board meeting.
- Blake Peterson, County Weed Specials wrote a letter to township officers explaining the spraying of the 5 gravel pits in the township.
6. Old Business:
A. Road Projects:
- A. Johnson will do soil test to see if a dry sump would be effective on the standing water on McKenzie Rd south of Rambo’s drive.
- Logging damage is evident on the corner of McKenzie and Chimney. D. Johnson will call Commissioner Newland to see if he and Bruce Cox have viewed the area. It appears that spot graveling will need to be done in this area.
- A. Johnson & Scherzer will purchase erosion mat and seed. This will be placed in the ditch on Seaberg Rd where the culvert work was done.
Motion to approve this expenditure was made by Scherzer, second by D. Johnson – passed 3-0
- A tour of all township roads will be made on April 21st by D. Johnson, Scherzer and A. Johnson. The purpose of the tour is to gather information on road conditions, right of way conditions and over all needs of the township roads. This information will be shared at the June board meeting.
B. Snowmobile Trail on Township Roads: A letter was prepared and sent supporting Mr. Darco’s efforts to re-route the snowmobile trails off of McKenzie Rd & Chimney Rd.
8. NEXT BOARD MEETING: June 9th, Agenda Items.
A. Review Road Inspection Tour Information
B. Traffic Sign Inventory
C. Board Policy on donation requests to be reviewed
D. Emmons & Olivier Land Surveyor
Motion to adjourn by D. Johnson, second by A. Johnson, passed 3-0 Adjourned at 8:15 PM
_____________________________ Marv Mortenson, Clerk