Regular Town Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
November 13, 2007
Present: Dave Johnson – Supervisor, Dick Toomey – Treasurer, Marv Mortenson - Cleck , Greg Scherzer – Supervisor,
Citizens in attendance: Ardell Johnson, Jim Svobodny
1. Meeting was called to order by Supervisor Johnson at 7:00 pm.
2. Additions to the agenda were called for.
Motion to approve the agenda by Johnson, second by Scherzer – passed 2-0
3. Motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes; approve the minutes of the last regular meeting as
written. Motion by Johnson, second by Scherzer – passed 2-0
4. Treasurer report:
-- Cash Balance of $12,730.09
-- Invested Balance of $46,248.88
-- Total Balance of $58,978.97
Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by Scherzer, second by Johnson– passed 2-0
5. Claims for payment:
$393.75 to Clearwater County for blading
Motion to approve payment, by Scherzer, second by Johnson – passed 2-0
6. Old Business:
A. Public Access: On Nov. 4th , Chairmen Johnson compiled all previous emails and letters concerning the Public Lake Access and mailed copies to Tony Walzer, Johnathan Carter, David Schotzko & Tim Browning of the DNR. As of Nov. 13th , he has not received a response.
B. Spot graveling of Seaberg RD will be put off until next spring.
C. Appointment of Town Supervisor: Ardell Johnson responded to our notification letter of an open position for town supervisors. The committee thanks Ardell for volunteering.
The search committee made up of Supervisor Johnson , Supervisor Scherzer and Clerk Mortenson approved Ardell Johnson’s appointment – 3-0. Ardell will complete the term that was left open when Jon Jennings resigned. This term ends at the end of 2008.
7. New Business:
A. Tax Evaluation for 2008: Long Lost Lake property evaluation for tax purposes is $12,359,900.00. This would be an increase of approximately 2 million from 2007. The 2008 evaluation, times the minimum tax assessment needed to qualify for the road gas tax, would generate $5,976.00 in revenue.
B. A letter was received from MAT explaining a need to increase liability insurance coverage. Therefore the township will need to pay an additional $80 to cover this increase in insurance.
Motion to approve this payment by Scherzer, second by Johnson approved 2-0.
C. Year end procedure review.
- Calendar of meeting schedule for 2008
- Proposed budget
- Set Annual Audit
- Preparation for Annual Meeting
D. Response to letters sent:
1. None of the agencies that received the letter concerning the dog problem responded. However, it seems that there is not as many dogs as in the past. Time will tell, as during winter the problems seem to be more prevalent.
2. Land Commissioner: No response was received. However, the logger did put up caution signs after the letter was sent. Also, the survey stake was located , spray painted red and orange flagging attached.
E. Gizibbii RC & D Letter was reviewed by the supervisors and the questionnaire was completed and mailed.
8. Motion to adjourn by Johnson, second by Scherzer – Passed 2-0.
Adjourned at 8:14
_____________________________ Marv Mortenson, Clerk