Regular Town Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
May 13th, 2008
Present: Dave Johnson, Supervisor -- Greg Scherzer, Supervisor, Ardell Johnson, Supervisor -- Dick Toomey, Treasurer – Kathy Toomey, Deputy Clerk
1. Meeting was called to order by Supervisor Dave Johnson at 7:25 PM. following the scheduled road inspection by the Supervisors.
2. Additions to the agenda were called for:
Motion to approve the agenda made by Greg Scherzer, second D. Johnson – passed 3-0
3. Motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes; approve the minutes of the last regular meeting as
written and the minutes from the public hearing on the Cox petition on April 28, 2008. Motion by
Greg Scherzer, second by Ardell Johnson passed 3 -0
4. Treasurer report:
-- Cash Balance of $21,138.43
-- Invested Balance of $47,701.27
-- Total Balance of $68,839.70
Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by Greg Scherzer, second by D. Johnson– passed 3-0
5. Claims for payment:
$46.00 Farmers Independent Road vacation Notice
$468.75 Clearwater Co. Hwy. Dept. Snow removal
Motion to approve payment of bills by Greg Scherzer, second by D. Johnson – passed 3-0
6. Old Business:
A. Cox Petition:
o Discussed Comments received at the public hearing.
o Reviewed a copy of documentation from Mr. Cox’s attorney that was filed at the courthouse as a result of the Cox hearing.
B. Dan Buell from La Prairie township has sent David Johnson an E-mail concerning graveling and spraying of roads this coming season. David will meet with them on May 20 to discuss their participation.
C. Motion by Greg Scherzer to go ahead with brush and weed spraying with Clearbrook Ag Service seconded by D. Johnson – passed 3-0
C. Results of the road inspection were discussed.
1. At the junction of Big Hill and North Shore there is some washing
2. Seaberg Road between Clay’s and Gugisberg’s the road may need raising and a culvert.
3. Seaberg Road just off 39 adjacent to the lake some work may need to be done.
4. Near Ardell Johnson’s some silting has taken place
5. McKenzie Road near the gravel pit at the north entrance to the logged area needs to be watch for washing and ask Forestry to fix.
6. The low spot where water stands near Rambo’s was discussed.
Motion made by Greg Scherzer, to have the County Engineer come out and look at all six sites,
seconded by D. Johnson– passed 3-0 Greg will contact the County Engineer.
D. Blow down trees in Right-of-way was discussed but no action taken.
7. New Business
A. Township road cleanup. During the road inspection litter was observed along the roads. Residents are encouraged to help pick it up and to clean up along there own property.
8. Motion to adjourn by, Greg Scherzer, second by Ardell Johnson passed 3-0 Adjourned at 8:19 PM
_____________________________ Kathy Toomey, Deputy Clerk