Regular Town Board Meeting of


June 13, 2006



Dave Johnson – Supervisor , Jon Jennings – Supervisor,  Greg Scherzer – Supervisor,  Dick Toomey – Treasurer, Marv Mortenson- Clerk


1.  Meeting was called to order by Supervisor Johnson at 7:00 pm.


2.  Motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes; approve the minutes of the last meeting as written. Motion by Scherzer, second by Jennings  – passed 3-0


3.  Treasurer report: 

--Cash Balance of $30,247.16

--Invested Balance of $15,086.10

--Total  Balance of $45,333.26

Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by Jennings, second by Scherzer – passed 3-0


4. Claims for Payment:

                --Farmers Publishing Co. for meeting notice in the paper -- $17.50

                --Clearwater County for road blading -- $357.00

Motion to authorize the treasurer to pay these bills by Johnson, second by Scherzer – passed 3-0


5.  Old Business:

                --Approval of the Administrative Policy. Motion to approve by Jennings, second by Johnson – passed 3-0

                -- The DNR did not contact Dave Johnson as promised.  Supervisor Johnson will make a contact with the DNR and report at the next meeting.

                -- The Map of Township Roads was reviewed.  Corrections and changes will be made and reviewed at the next meeting.


6. New Business:

                -- Road inspection was completed on June 11th by supervisor’s Scherzer and Jennings.

                                1.  Beaver have damned the culvert on Big Hill Road.  This could result in damage to the road.  Recommendation is to install a “Beaver Damn Leveler” at an estimated cost of $300 for materials. Motion to purchase a “Beaver Damn Leveler” was made by Johnson, second by Scherzer – passed 3-0


                                2.  The majority of the town roads edges are in need of brushing.  Supervisor Jennings will have a contractor review the roads and give us an estimate.


                                3.  There are areas with dead trees and rocks on the road right of ways that need to be removed.  This will be discussed at future meetings.


                                4.  The concern of “blind” corners was discussed.  This will be reviewed after the brushing is completed.  If  the recommendations are to do road work to straighten the corners, this will be a topic for the annual meeting.  


                                5.  Supervisor Jennings will meet with Dan Sauve ,  to discuss necessary repairs to the big hill on Big Hill Road.  At the present time water runs across the road rather then in the ditch.


                -- The board made note of  a citizen’s request to the county for a township fund balance for the years of 1999 – 2006


7.  Motion for adjournment at 8:45 PM was made by Johnson, second by Jennings – Passed 3-0





_____________________________ Marv Mortenson, Clerk




_____________________________ Supervisor