Regular Town Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
October 12, 2006
Dave Johnson – Supervisor , Jon Jennings – Supervisor, Greg Scherzer – Supervisor, Dick Toomey – Treasurer, Babe Mortenson- Deputy Clerk, Ardell Johnson -- visitor
1. Meeting was called to order by Supervisor Johnson at 7:03 pm.
2. Motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes; approve the minutes of the last meeting as written. Motion by Dave Johnson, second by Greg Scherzer – passed 3-0
3. Treasurer report:
-- Cash Balance of $22,282.10
-- Invested Balance of $25,086.01
-- Total Balance of $47,368.11
Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by Greg Scherzer, second by Dave Johnson. – passed 3-0
4. Claims for payment:
$357.00 to Clearwater County for road blading
$ 44.00 to Farmers Independent for township ads
Motion to authorize the treasurer to pay these bills by Greg Scherzer, second by Jon Jennings, passed 3-0
5. Old Business
-- brushing of township roads will be done on October 11
-- discussion of placing cautionary 20 mph orange signs followed. Tabled until the next meeting. Supervisor Jennings will check into costs.
6. New Business
A. -- Ardell Johnson addressed the board with concerns about Seaberg Road washing by his driveway when there is a heavy rain.
-- Discussion brought up a couple of issues;
1. There is a drainage ditching problem on Seaberg Road and Big Hill
2. There is limited visibility when coming from the public access by Johnson’s.
-- Road supervisors will look at it again and put together a list, location and brief explanation of what would be done by next meeting
-- Supervisor Jennings will get quotes from contractors Mitch Shegrud, Frank Dyrdahl and Bruce Lindgren for the projects
-- Following getting the quotes, the project proposal will be taken to the annual township meeting in March for discussion and approval, with the work being done next summer
B. –The letter to West Central State Forests Planning Unit was discussed with the following recommendations:
1. Long Lost Lake Township roads should not be a part of the trail system
2. Access to the trail system be provided to the local residents
3. General use permits be given to local residents.
Supervisor Dave Johnson will write the letter and get approval of the board before sending it.
C. Supervisor Scherzer made a motion to pay the insurance renewal by October 31. Supervisor Johnson seconded it. Passed 3-0
--Clearwater County Township Association Meeting will be October 24
-- Supervisor Jennings and Supervisor Scherzer will be interviewed on Thursday at 4:30 for a township government video that is being developed.
7. At 9:05, Supervisor Johnson made a motion to recess the meeting to reconvene at 10:00 a.m., Saturday, October 14, at the junction of Seaberg Road and Hwy #39. Supervisor Scherzer seconded it. Passed 3-0
Reconvened minutes from Saturday, October 14, junction of Seaberg Rd & Hwy #39.
Dave Johnson – Supervisor , Greg Scherzer – Supervisor
1. Call to order by Supervisor Johnson at 10:00 a.m.
2. Official town posting place was marked, grass mowed and hole dug. Installation of posting sign will be done later.
3. Letter for West Central Group was read and approved 2-0.
4. Seaberg Rd, Big Hill Rd, McKenzie Rd and Chimney Rd were driven and areas of required drainage improvement were noted.
5. Motion to adjorn October meeting at 12:00 a.m. was made by Supervisor Scherzer, seconded by Supervisor Johnson and passed 2-0.
_____________________________ Babe Mortenson, Deputy Clerk