Minutes of the Regular Township Board Meeting of Long Lost Lake Township
January 12, 2016
Dick and Kathy Toomey Residence
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chair David Johnson.
2. D. Johnson moved to accept agenda as printed. Scherzer seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
3. Minutes of the December 7, 2015 were reviewed and approved with Scherzer offering the motion, and A. Johnson offering the second. Motion passed 3-0.
4. Treasurer Toomey provided the following Treasurerís Report: Investments total $28,439.03, cash on hand† is $27,020.27 for a total of $55,459.30. D. Johnson moved to accept the report and A. Johnson offered the second. Motion passed 3-0.
5. Treasurer Toomey reported on Claims for Payment totaling $1244.00 payable to Lasting Landscape for problem tree removal in the amount of $1200. and The Farmers Publishing Company in the amount of $44.00 for publishing the 2016 meeting schedule. D. Johnson moved to accept the claims for payment, A. Johnson provided the second and the motion passed 3-0.
6. There were no citizen comments.
7. Old Business:
A. The check signatory compliance item was tabled.
B. There was no update from Scherzer related to Clearbrook Agís availability for spraying.
C. Eleven additional trees were identified for removal in addition to those identified on the spec list. Scherzer recommended that there be a review for trees in 2016.
D. Scherzer, Johnson and Johnson are hoping to place the snow fence on January 15th, at 11:00 ice conditions permitting.
E. D. Johnson sent an email to Seaberg property owner, Mastley, outlining concerns re: drainage. There is no twp objection to putting in improved driveway access but supervisors want to see / or hear the plan before the work is done. Mastley will contact D. Johnson regarding a date and time to meet with the contractor doing the work.
F. Publication of the 2016 meeting dates was accomplished in the December 30th edition of the Farmers Independent. The notice has also been posted.
8. New Business:
A. Township Board reorganization was discussed it was decided to maintain the same responsibilities for 2016 with D. Johnson as Chair, and Supervisor Scherzer as weed supervisor and Supervisor A. Johnson as road supervisor. D. Johnson moved to accept the assignments, Scherzer offered the second and the motion passed 3-0.
B. Board members completed the second reading of the proposed 2017 budget. Members recommended that line item labeling options be investigated to provide greater clarity. Toomey will review options within the CTAS program.
C. Preparation for the Board of Audit was scheduled for Tuesday, January 26th at the Dick Toomey residence at 1:00. Toomey, D. Johnson and Wilson will complete this task.
D. MAT Short Course Trainings are scheduled for March 28 or 30 in Mahnomen or Walker.
E. Big Hill is in decent winter driving condition at the present time.
F. Action on the Resolution for Federal Safety Funding for a Township Sign Program was tabled to allow for more information from the County Engineer on January 26th .
G. MATIT Workers Comp Audit does not apply to LLL Twp.
H. In 2016, two LLL Supervisors and the Clerk position must be elected. Chair Johnson will follow-up with MN Assoc of Townships on whether election judges can serve as volunteers. If judges are paid, the township must complete specific paperwork.
I. Toomey, D. Johnson and Wilson will attend the January 26th county meeting in Bagley.
9. The meeting was adjourned at 8:47 with a motion by David Johnson, and a second from A. Johnson. Motion passed 3-0.
The next meeting will be Tuesday, February 9 at 7:00 PM with beginning with the Board of Audit at 7:00, followed by the Regular Meeting of the Township at 7:15. Meetings will be held at the Dick and Kathy Toomey residence.