Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Long Lost Lake Township
Monday, April 11, 2016
Greg Scherzer Residence
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 by chair David Johnson
2. Additions to the agenda: under old business, F. LTAP, and under new business, E. ATV issue discussion. With Additions, David moved to approve the agenda and Greg offered the second. All voted ‘aye’.
3. Greg moved to accept the minutes of the February meeting as printed. David offered the second, all voted ‘aye’.
4. Treasurer Toomey offered the following information in the Treasurer’s Report: cash on hand=$33,745.32 plus investments of $28,451.97 totals $62,197.29. Ardell moved to approve the report, David offered the second, and all voted ‘aye’.
5.Treasurer Toomey offered the following claims for payment: ETFD $2578.10, Clearwater County Highway Department $600.00 for snowplowing, Laurie Wilson, Clerk, $38.31 copying costs for the Annual Meeting, and Richard Toomey, printer ink, $13.96. for a total of $3230.37. Greg moved to approve the claims, and Ardell offered the second. All voted ‘aye’.
6. Old Business
a. Annual meeting minutes were reviewed for accuracy. Approval occurs in 2017.
b. Three applications to serve as election judges have been received to date. Twp will wait to select until closer to the date designated by the county auditor. Applications will still be accepted.
c. LLL Twp will participate in the 2016 gravel bid with the county. LLL is requesting 850 yards (1190 tons). A letter confirming this intention will be mailed to the county engineer. Trouble spots will be marked in advance of the spring blading. The road tour is scheduled for April 19th at 7:00 with Twp Supervisors. Meet at Chimney.
d. No one was able to attend the March MAT short course trainings this spring.
e. Twp Supervisors met with Eugene Mastley to review his plans for driveway improvement on Seaberg. No specific concerns were noted at this time.
f. no LTAP trainings are required for LLL Twp at this time.
7. New Business
a. Wilson has confirmed to the county auditor that there are three open positions for the fall 2016 election including two supervisor positions and the clerk position.
b. Correspondence from various sources was shared with Board Members. No immediate action was required with the exception of a census survey (voluntary) which will be completed by the Clerk.
c. Greg will contact Clearbrook Ag / West Central Ag and is authorized to arrange for spraying of LLL township roads. Any bid under $2000. is acceptable without further action. Greg offered the motion to approve this action and Ardell offered the second. All votes ‘aye’.
d. The Clearwater County Township Meeting is scheduled for April 26th at 7:00 at the Bagley Senior Center. David will coordinate attendance.
e. Discussion ensued on the potential for expanded ATV trails and connector trails in the area. Greg has spoken several times with Dean Newland. There is currently no local club to act as a sponsor. No action was taken at this meeting. The situation will be monitored.
8. The next meeting of the LLL Township Board will be held May 10, 2016 at 7:00 PM at the Dan and Laurie Wilson residence.
9. The meeting was adjourned at 8:08 PM.