Regular Town Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
June 10th, 2008
Present: Dave Johnson, Supervisor -- Greg Scherzer, Supervisor, Ardell Johnson, Supervisor -- Dick Toomey, Treasurer – Marv Mortenson, Clerk
1. Meeting was called to order by Supervisor Dave Johnson at 7:00 PM.
2. Additions to the agenda were called for:
- Election calendar and judges
- Letter from MN DNR
- Pond Leveler Beaver Control
Motion to approve the agenda made by Greg Scherzer, second D. Johnson – passed 3-0
3. Dispense with the reading of the minutes; approve the minutes of the last regular meeting as
written. Motion by Greg Scherzer, second by Ardell Johnson passed 3 -0.
4. Treasurer report:
-- Cash Balance of $20,623.68
-- Invested Balance of $47,860.15
-- Total Balance of $68,483.83
Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by Greg Scherzer, second by D. Johnson– passed 3-0.
5. Claims for payment:
$393.75 Clearwater Co. Hwy. Dept. Snow removal
Motion to approve payment of bills by Greg Scherzer, second by D. Johnson – passed 3-0.
6. Old Business:
A. LaPrairie Township met with David Johnson and reviewed the shared portion of McKenzie Rd. David Johnson showed Dan where LLL wants to gravel and spray for brush and weeds. Dan Buell will take that information back to the LaPrairie board for discussion and action.
B. Greg Scherzer did not contact the county engineer but will do so and report at the next meeting.
C. Ardell Johnson made the contacts to have the township roads sprayed for weeds and brush.
7. New Business
A. Beaver Control Pond Leveler. There was some question as to whether the leveler is working. It would appear that it is working, however, the beaver may have damned the low area that the leveler drains into.
1. Letter from County Environmental Services listing “Approved Gravel Pits” was reviewed and will be put on file.
2. MAT membership cards where handed out
3. MAT worker’s Compensation Program was reviewed and David Johnson will contact Mat for an estimate.
4. Letter from MN DNR. The west central forest group is taking public comments and input until July 26th, 2008.
1. Election Calendar: The board reviewed procedures leading up to the state primary in Sept. and the national election in Nov.
2. Election judges where appointed: Becky Bergerson will be the Head Judge, Ruth Johnson, Babe Mortenson and Nancy Johnson.
8. Motion to adjourn by, Greg Scherzer, second by David Johnson, passed 3-0. Adjourned at 8:10 PM.
_____________________________ Marv Mortenson, Clerk