Regular Town Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
August 10, 2010
Present: Greg Scherzer, Supervisor -- Ardell Johnson, Supervisor, -- Dick Toomey, Treasurer -- Marv Mortenson, Clerk
Absent: Dave Johnson, Supervisor
1. Meeting was called to order by Supervisor Greg Scherzer at 8:00 PM.
2. Additions to the agenda were called for:
Add to new Business: Rescheduling the October Board Meeting
Motion to approve the agenda made by A. Johnson, second by Scherzer – passed 2 -0
3. Reading of the Minutes
Motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes and to approve the minutes of the last regular meeting as written. Motion by
A. Johnson, second by Scherzer – passed 2-0
4. Treasurer report:
-- Cash Balance of $11,489.95
-- Invested Balance of $44,011.62
-- Total Balance of $55,501.57
Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by A. Johnson, second by Scherzer – passed 2-0
5. Claims for payment:
-- $1,050.00 Clearwater County Highway Dept.
-- $ 550.00 Clearwater County Highway Dept
-- $ 100.00 Minn. Assoc. of Townships
-- $ 83.35 Farmers Publishing
Motion to approve payment of claims by Scherzer, second by A. Johnson – passed 2-0
6. Old Business:
A. Summer Road Projects as reported by Ardell Johnson
1. Remove large rocks in the road bed. Not completed, few more rocks to remove. Some rocks need to be moved further back from the road edge.
2. In the area where McKenzie RD and Chimney road meet; place large rocks on the edge of the road right-of-way to keep vehicles from damaging the ditch and road surface.
3. Removal of debris from all road right-of-ways. Mainly consists of down trees and large rocks.
Ardell Johnson was not sure what was to be done and could not remember what had been discussed with Mitch Shegrud. Not completed.
4. Create ditches in key areas where the road bed washes. Ardell Johnson didn’t know what was to
be done and does not know what was discussed with Mitch Shegrud. Not completed
B. Estimated cost per each sanding of Big Hill.
Ardell Johnson did not contact Mitch Shegrud for this information
C. Sanding of Ice on Big Hill
7. New Business:
A. Revenue Levy for 2011. Motion to approve the 2011 revenue levy as set by the citizens at the March annual meeting, ($7,000.00) made by Scherzer, second by A. Johnson passed 2-0
B. Record Retention System – moved to October meeting.
C. Discussion items
Spotted Knap weed- the county only sprays so far back on #39 road ditch and the rest of the ditch to the tree line is full of spotted knap weed. Forest Rds need spraying. The county forest lands are full of thistle and have not been sprayed.
On the positive side the county has been spraying gravel pit areas for knap weed.
Our Township roads need some spot spraying but look pretty good.
Election – we will keep track of election costs and turn out, and discuss this at the December meeting.
D. October Board Meeting will be moved from Tuesday the 12th to Wednesday the 13th at the usual time of 7:00 pm.
8. NEXT BOARD MEETING: Oct. 13th, Agenda Items:
A. Review progress of road projects & Cost of sanding Big Hill
B. Set date for Board of Canvass
C. Spotted Knap Weed
D. Records Retention System
E. MAT Insurance payment due in Nov.
9. Motion to adjourn by A. Johnson, second by Scherzer, passed 2-0 Adjourned at 9:20 PM
_____________________________ Marv Mortenson, Clerk