Regular Town Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
July 8th, 2008
Present: Dave Johnson, Supervisor -- Greg Scherzer, Supervisor, Ardell Johnson, Supervisor -- Dick Toomey, Treasurer – Marv Mortenson, Clerk
1. Meeting was called to order by Supervisor Dave Johnson at 7:02 PM.
2. Additions to the agenda were called for:
Motion to approve the agenda made by Greg Scherzer, second D. Johnson – passed 3-0
3. Dispense with the reading of the minutes; approved the minutes of the last regular meeting as
written. Motion by Dave Johnson, second by Greg Scherzer passed 3 -0.
4. Treasurer report:
-- Cash Balance of $23,314.80
-- Invested Balance of $47,860.15
-- Total Balance of $71,174.95
Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by D. Johnson, second by Scherzer– passed 3-0.
5. Claims for payment:
$393.75 Clearwater Co. Hwy. Dept. Blading
Motion to approve payment of bills by Greg Scherzer, second by D. Johnson – passed 3-0.
6. Old Business:
A. Election judge pay rate will continue to be Minnesota minimum wage rounded up to the full dollar.
B. Greg Scherzer will meet with the county engineer on Thursday, July 10, 2008 at 3:00 to review and get advice some town road issues. He will report to the board at the Aug. meeting.
C. Ardell Johnson will check on the spraying of the town road right of ways and report at the Aug. meeting
D. No new information on the Public Access to the lake. Dave Johnson will continue to follow up on this issue.
E. The supervisors feel the Township Posting Board is adequate.
F. Town supervisors will review the workers’ compensation estimate and other information. A decision will be made at the Aug. meeting. The cost for this coverage is $171.00/yr.
7. New Business
A. Election notification containing county, state and national information are done by the county auditor. The township is responsible for posting and publishing the town information only.
Notice of positions open is to be published by Aug. 12.
1. County Highway Dept. has increased its cost effective 1/1/09.
2. Election Judges names and addresses sent to the county auditor. Judges will be notified when training is to be held.
8. Motion to adjourn by, Greg Scherzer, second by David Johnson, passed 3-0. Adjourned at 8:09 PM.
_____________________________ Marv Mortenson, Clerk