Town Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
January 8th, 2013
Present: Dave Johnson, Chair – Greg Scherzer, Supervisor – Ardell Johnson, Supervisor – Dick Toomey, Treasurer – Marv Mortenson, Clerk
1. Meeting was called to order by Chair Dave Johnson at 7:00 pm.
2. Additions to the agenda were called for: No additions. Motion to approve the agenda by G. Scherzer, second by A. Johnson. Passed 3-0
3. Reading of Minutes: A Motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes and approve the minutes of the last regular meeting as written made by D. Johnson, second by G. Scherzer. Passed 3-0
4. Treasurer Report:
--Cash Balance of $18,512.52
--Investments of $28,238.91
Motion to approve the Treasurer’s report made by Dave Johnson, second by G. Scherzer. Passed 3-0
5. Claims for payment: --$65.14 Farmers Publishing Company
6. Reorganizing the Board for 2013.
Motion by G. Scherzer to keep the supervisor assignments the same as in 2012, second by A. Johnson. Passed 3-0
Chair Dave Johnson
Vice Chair & Weeds Greg Scherzer
Roads Ardell Johnson
7. Old Business:
A. Sanding of “Big Hill” and Last years payment To Shegrud Backhoe.
G. Scherzer reported that Carol Shegrud would send out a bill for the $150.00. He also reported that Lasting Landscapes will do the sanding on “Big Hill” for this winter season.
B. Wash board effect on Bid Hill Rd.
A. Johnson visited with the county engineer concerning this problem. The engineer expressed concerns with double grading causing washouts. He suggested that we use a class 1 gravel the next time we gravel the road. Class 1 has more clay or binder in it than does class 5. Other options discussed were: chemicals, double blading, shoulder gravel recovery and packing of the road surface. No decisions were made.
C. Traffic Sign Inspection
D. Johnson, A. Johnson & G. Scherzer will meet Thursday night, January 10th at 6:00 pm to conduct the sign inspection, if the weather permits. They will report the results at the February meeting.
D. Budget for 2014
The treasurer presented a draft of the budget. The supervisors made a couple of changes. The budget will be presented at the February meeting for board approval.
8. New Business:
A. Gas Tax Distribution Letter.
The letter from the county engineer explaining the distribution of state gas tax to townships was circulated to the supervisors for their information prior to the meeting.
B. Preparation for Board of Audit:
The treasurer will schedule a meeting to prepare the information for the Board of Audit. Dave Johnson and Dick Toomey will do the preparation.
9. Next Board Meeting: February 12th, 2013
A. Board of Audit
B. Traffic Sign Inspection Results
C. Budget Approval
10. Adjournment: Motion by G. Scherzer, second by A. Johnson. Passed 3-0 at 8:42 PM
______________________ Board Chair