Regular Town Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
December 8, 2009
Present: Dave Johnson, Supervisor -- Greg Scherzer, Supervisor -- Ardell Johnson, Supervisor, -- Dick Toomey, Treasurer -- Marv Mortenson, Clerk
1. Meeting was called to order by Supervisor Dave Johnson at 7:10 PM.
2. Additions to the agenda were called for:
Motion to approve the agenda made by D. Johnson, second A. Johnson – passed 3-0
3. Reading of the Minutes
Motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes and to approve the minutes of the last regular meeting as written. Motion by Scherzer, second by A. Johnson – passed 3 -0
4. Treasurer report:
-- Cash Balance of $11,764.16
-- Invested Balance of $43,526.78
-- Total Balance of $55,290.94
Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by, D. Johnson second by Scherzer – passed 3-0
5. Claims for payment:
-- $ 525.00 Clearwater County Highway Dept.
-- $2,030.00 Mitch Shegrud
Motion to approve payment of claims by Scherzer, second by D. Johnson – passed 3-0
6. Old Business:
A. The supervisors will check the reflectivity of the traffic signs after the Jan. board meeting.
B. Road project update: Ardell Johnson reviewed the road work completed from this summer up to November first.
1. Chimney RD/McKenzie – ditch work was done and class 5 spread. A. Johnson will see that gravel also gets placed in the water hole on the south side of the road.
2. McKenzie by Rambo’s drive – grader widened the road bed and ditched. Class 5 was spread on the outside lane. A. Johnson will see that gravel also gets placed on the inside lane.
3. South of Ecton LN on McKenzie – ditching was done and class 5 spread. G. Scherzer will put down erosion cloth and grass seed.
C. Resolution 2009-002 revises the Administrative Policy concerning the time and location of township board meetings. The resolution was read. Motion by Scherzer to approve the Resolution 2009-002, second by A. Johnson. Passed 3-0
Resolution 2009-03 revises the Administrative Policy concerning the recording of the supervisor’s votes in the minutes. The resolution was read. Motion by Scherzer to approve the Resolution 2009-003, second by A. Johnson. Passed 3-0
7. New Business:
A. The calendar for board meetings in 2010 was reviewed. Motion to approve the meeting dates and time by Scherzer, second by A. Johnson. Passed 3-0
B. Greg Scherzer volunteered to host the March 2010 annual meeting.
C. Dave Johnson contacted Bruce Cox, the county land commissioner, concerning the muddy logging road by the corner of McKenzie Rd and Chimney Rd. This road had been blocked off after the logging was completed but has since been opened by someone. Mr Cox said the road was blocked but refused to put another barrier in place.
-Reviewed the U.S. census Bureau Maps and Workshops
8. NEXT BOARD MEETING: January 12th, Agenda Items.
A. Prep for the Board of Audit
B. Prep for the annual Meeting
C. Reorganize the Board
Motion to adjourn by Scherzer, second by D. Johnson, passed 3-0 Adjourned at 8:25 PM
_____________________________ Marv Mortenson, Clerk