Regular Board Meeting of
LONG LOST LAKE TOWNSHIP
April 8, 2014
Present: Dave Johnson, Supervisor - Ardell Johnson, Supervisor - Greg Scherzer, Supervisor - Dick Toomey, Treasurer - Becky Bergerson, Deputy Clerk
Absent - Barb Von Hagen, Clerk
A motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes and approve the minutes of the last regular meeting as written made by G. Scherzer, second by A. Johnson, passed 3-0.
Cash Balance of $29,658.22
Investments of 28,325.94
Motion to approve the treasurer’s report made by D. Johnson, second by G. Scherzer, passed 3-0.
$ 250.00 Clearwater County Highway Dept. – snowplowing –2-4, 18
$ 12.87 Envelopes at Office Max – Dick Toomey
$2,202.00 2013 Fire Contract
Motion to approve claims for payment made by A Johnson, second by G. Scherzer, passed 3-0
1.Voight $ 9.40 per yard for gravel, total $23,970
2. Klae Thompson 11.00 “ total 28,050
3. Thieland Excavating 13.09 ” total 33,375
It was noted that in 2011 graveling was $21,000 done by Voight
C. There was a discussion on whether to do the graveling this year or piggyback with the county when they do it next
year. It was decided that there was insufficient information at this time to make this decision. It was decided that this
meeting would be suspended at the end of today’s business and reconvene on April 29th at 7:00 at Greg Scherzer’s
D. The upcoming road tour was discussed and it was decided to have it as soon as road conditions permit, possibly next week at a time to be determined. LaPrairie township would be contacted as to their planned involvement.
1. Live trees that are encroaching on the roadway to be removed
2. Dead trees that are in danger of falling on the road or roadway to be removed
3. Spraying and brushing in 2015 if needed
4. Removal of rocks and fallen trees along the road right of way.
5. Solutions to snow drifts across Big Hill road, snow fence a possibility.
8 Other A. Next County Township Meeting is April 29, 2014
B. There is a Summer Short Course in Walker on June 25, 2014
C. GVTEL will be upgrading internet connections to each residence early this summer. A map of the project was made available to town board members to review.
10. This meeting was suspended and will reconvene on April 29, 2014 at 7:00 at Greg Scherzer’s for the purpose of making a decision on road graveling based on information obtained from the county, from La Prairie and results of the road tour.