Meeting Minutes for the Regular Meeting of the Long Lost Lake Township
7:00 PM, David and Nancy Johnson Residence
December 7, 2015
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chair David Johnson.
2. The agenda was amended to combine items 8-a and 8-b under new business. Chair Johnson moved to accept the amended agenda, Scherzer seconded and the motion passed 3-0.
3. Meeting minutes from October 13, 2015 were reviewed. Scherzer moved to accept them as printed. A. Johnson seconded and the motion passed 3-0.
4. Treasurer Toomey provided the Treasurerís report: Investments total=$28,439.03, cash on hand=$26,171.99 for a total of $54,611.02. Chair Johnson moved to accept the report, Scherzer provided the second and the motion passed 3-0.
5. Treasurer Toomey reported on Claims for Payment totaling $10.72 payable to David Johnson for paint to mark trees for removal along LLL Township roads. Scherzer moved to accept the claims for payment, A. Johnson provided the second and the motion passed 3-0.
6. No citizens were present at the meeting, but several board members reported that residents were eager to have the problem trees removed.
7. Old Business: check signatory compliance is still pending. 7-b. Scherzer will continue efforts to follow-up with Clearbrook Ag.
8 a&b. Board members reviewed two cost proposals submitted for completion of problem tree removal from township roads. Both bidders received identical information regarding the project and submitted their proposals to Chair Johnson independently of one another by the required December 7th deadline. Proposals were: Bellefy Brushing of Bagley, $3400 and The Lasting Landscape of Detroit Lakes and Bagley, $1200. Upon the recommendation of the Treasurer, Board members D. Johnson and A. Johnson voted to accept the $1200. bid from The Lasting Landscape. Scherzer abstained from the vote. Work is to begin ASAP in December according to project guidelines. Greg Scherzer will contact Bruce Cox about the tree to be removed from county tax forfeit land. Scherzer will send an email to residents asking if anyone is interested in obtaining wood from the cutting.
8-c. Board members discussed the property approach improvement question submitted to the Board by Eugene Mastley, Seaberg Lane property owner R21.300.0200. Because of concern about any potential below grade work or water flow to neighboring properties, board members request to review either a drawing or a description of the proposed work at the site before work commences. Chair David will follow-up with an email to the resident and A. Johnson will contact by phone. A meeting on this question with the property owner can occur at his convenience. No decision on the question was made at this meeting.
8-d. The preliminary 2017 township budget was presented by Treasurer Toomey and reviewed by the board. No action was taken at this meeting. The second reading of the proposed 2017 budget will be done at the January meeting.
8-e. The 2016 Township Meeting schedule and location of meetings was finalized at this meeting and will be published in the Farmerís Independent Newspaper before the end of the year. Wilson will bring this information to the paper for publication and will also post a copy of the schedule at the Seaberg site before January 1. Scherzer moved to accept the schedule and a second was provided by Chair Johnson. The motion passed 3-0.
8-f. The snow fence at the north end of the lake will be placed as soon as ice conditions allow. It was noted that A. Johnson will need to be proactive about calling in requests or confirming the countyís intention to plow snow. Road conditions in Bagley can be quite different from LLL. When plowing is requested, Seaberg should be included in the plowing request.
9. Business was concluded at 8:38 and A. Johnson moved to adjourn. Scherzer seconded and the motion passed 3-0.
Next meeting: January 12, 7:00 PM, Richard and Kathy Toomey residence.